Solotvin - after WWII


There were only two Jews in Solotvin after World War II.

Already in 1946 the local authorities wished to liquidate the Jewish cemetery, but they were stopped by the Council on the Matters of the Religious Cults (see document). 

The synagogue (1, Kotliarevskogo St.) and the large Jewish cemetery are preserved. The synagogue was documented by the Center of Jewish Art at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. The cemetery was partually document by the Center of Jewish Art in 1999; the full documentation was performed by the participants of the Field School in August 2009 and could be viewed here.

On 16 October 2005 a monument to the Holocaust victims was opened in Solotvin (link).